We are very excited to announce the addition of Library permissions to DF Studio Enterprise clients. Library permissions are a simple set of powerful tools that control access to Projects, Collections, and folders. Managing access in your DF Studio Library adds fully adjustable levels of security to your assets.
Applying permissions locally to a Library item allows clients to designate which users can view, create, upload, download, share, edit, or write metadata in that location. Permissions may also be assigned globally to the entire DF Studio Library. DF Studio’s search engine has been enhanced to handle the new permission settings, in order to ensure that each user’s search results are restricted to Projects, folders, or assets that are viewable by the user.
To determine how your organization can use this valuable feature set to its advantage, we encourage you to discuss the utility of permissions with DF Studio Client Services. DF Studio will facilitate training and provide support to ensure that all updates are seamlessly incorporated into users’ workflows. Although the update is recommended, adopting Library permissions is not mandatory. Enterprise clients may continue using DF Studio in an open format without changing any settings.
The following is the list of permissions that are available:
|No Access||Login is allowed, but no visibility of Library assets unless explicitly given permission.|
|View Only||Users may view Projects, Project Details, Metadata, Activities and Storage. They may collect images in the Bin, and can print contact sheets.|
|Image Management||Allows renaming Images, moving them into Setups within a Project, changing Storage status (Active / Cold).|
|Metadata||Allows viewing and editing details on Projects and metadata on images.|
|Editing||Allows creating Edits, setting select levels, modifying other users’ Edits.|
|File Access||Allows downloading original assets.|
|Sharing||Allows sending Messengers and creating Portfolios.|
|Create||Allows creating new folders, Projects, Collections, and uploading files.|
|Owner||Allows moving, deleting, and permission management on folders, Projects, Collections, in addition to all operations in the list above.|
|Contacts||Allows adding, removing, editing of contacts and groups.|
|Account Settings||Allows access to the “Account Admin Settings” and “Account Setup” sections of the Settings page.|
|Billing Information||Allows access to billing information in Billing Settings.|
|Asset API Access||Allows programmatic access outside of the DF Studio user interface.|
|Admin||Allows control over all operations in DF Studio.|
Library Permissions Features:
- Admins control all operations in DF Studio.
- In addition to Admin controls, all Library content now has Owners. Owners can set permissions or delete content.
- Users are granted a base set of permissions from the “Users and Teams Settings” page.
- Teams can be created for ease of managing a set of users.
- After initial base permissions, users and Teams are granted permissions to Projects, Collections and folders based on where they are in the Library.
- Permissions set on a folder are “inherited” by all the enclosed folders, Projects and Collections. However, specific customizations to permissions can also be made to override inheritance.
Updates to Collections:
This permissions model affords users more choices than ever over their workflows. When creating a new Collection, owners can select from three options: private, shared, and custom.
- Private: A Collection can now be created privately, allowing a user to add any image they can view.
- Shared: Shared collections are visible to all users in the account. Other users will only be able to see the images they have view rights to.
- Custom: Custom permissions can be used by the owner of a Collection to make it visible to specific users and teams.
In addition to Library permissions, this software release contains new features, enhancements, and bug fixes. You can read more about these in our previous post about the update in our upcoming blog post, “Release Preview: What’s Next From DF Studio.”
For more information on this latest software release or to inquire about scheduling a training, please reach out to DF Studio’s Support team by clicking here.