DF Studio is proud to offer its users precise control over access to their content, both within and outside of the application. Customizable permissions and Visual Screen Protection (VSP) keep asset libraries protected, whenever and wherever; features like link tracking, watermarking, and expiration date controls help accounts maintain control over their assets even after they’ve been sent outside the system. In the latest DF Studio update, we’ve added the Messenger PIN—yet another feature that keeps Messengers protected and in the right hands. This newest update also contains important enhancements and bug fixes.
DF Studio accounts are now configured to use the Messenger PIN feature, which generates a unique PIN for each recipient that is required to access the contents of a Messenger. The Messenger PIN functions similarly to DF Studio’s Browser Verification feature: each time a Messenger recipient accesses a protected Messenger link from a new web browser, his or her identity must be verified by inputting a six-digit PIN which is distributed by email. Anyone who was not a specified recipient of the Messenger will not receive this email and will therefore be denied access.
While every Messenger link is secure and unique, this feature provides an extra layer of protection in case a Messenger link falls into the wrong hands. To learn more about the Messenger PIN and how to use it, please read this article from DF Studio’s Knowledge Base.
- When using the “Find Assets in Project” feature to perform a search, users may now filter results by Setup, Select Level, Edit, or feature.
- Setup name, Project name, and folder name have been added to the Enterprise API.
- Enterprise and Team level accounts may now specify default watermark settings for Messengers. Please contact DF Studio support to configure these account-wide settings.
- Approval state is now available in the “Export as Text” feature.
- Fixed an issue that allowed admins to de-escalate their permissions unintentionally.
- Fixed a searching issue with custom badge fields.
- Resolved an issue that improperly saved changes to users’ base permissions.
- Clarified the layout of the Combine Edit overlay.
- Clarified text in the DF Studio Login Page.
- Changed text in the Messenger Email template.
- Fixed a display issue with the Messenger watermarking overlay.
- As a proactive security measure, Browser Verification links now expire after 60 minutes.
- Addressed an issue that delayed the sending of watermarked Messengers.
- Fixed an issue that caused watermarked Messenger Emails to be sent multiple times.
- Fixed an error that caused custom text watermarks containing special characters to fail.
- Resolved an issue with upload passwords within SSO-configured accounts.
- Fixed an issue that, in some cases, caused Messengers to open incorrectly.
- Addressed an error that forced the “Share Recipients’ Edits” Messenger option to be enabled.
- Changed text in History Audit items.
- Users now receive a visual confirmation when resending or reassigning Assignments.
- Fixed a text wrapping issue in the “Manage Edits” menu.
- Corrected an issue with Messenger logo display.
- Added more sorting options to the “Edits” pulldown menu.
- Fixed an issue in Mobile Messengers that caused thumbnails to display incorrectly when there were 30 images included in the Messenger.
- The Rename Assets tool now respects the user’s sort order when renumbering.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Metadata Terms from being added automatically to some Library folders.
- Corrected an issue that caused some Metadata Terms to be stored more than once.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Collections from displaying asset data to users with certain permission levels.
- Fixed an issue that caused new previews to overwrite preferred previews when uploading RAW files to an existing stack.