Get ready to love your DF Studio even more! With our new and improved Library tab, you’ll organize your files more efficiently and find them faster. Collections can now be stowed away in folders and the library can be sorted by type, date, or name in Thumbnail view.
And there’s more! If you’ve ever wished for a quicker way to get to your most visited projects and folders (usually nested in many subfolders), you’ll love the new Bookmarks section in the Navigation sidebar. Bookmark a folder, a messenger, or just an image. You can create a bookmark for just about anything in DF Studio and go to it with a single click, no matter where you are in the application.
The new file structure under the Library tab has been revamped to show folders, Projects and Collections all in one view.
- There are also filtering and sorting controls that have been added to Thumbnail view, eliminating the need to switch to List view to change sort order.
- All Collections were originally housed in one isolated section of the application and were reachable only by clicking on the Collections link in the Navigation sidebar. Collections have now been incorporated into the root directory of the Library, and users can place them into folders. This allows users to create new Collections made up of various sources and save them into the same folder where the source Projects reside. This workflow will become increasingly useful for those who must combine photos from several Projects and submit them for approvals.
- The generic thumbnail designs of Collections and Projects have changed. For better differentiation, Collections are now represented with a circle, while Projects retain the square shape. If a key frame is not available, then the letters P or C appear in the center of the generic key frame.
- Users may now access their viewing preferences without having to navigate to their personal settings. The Viewing Preferences menu can be found by clicking the gear symbol in the bottom right corner of the Library tab in List view. In this menu, users are be able to toggle and rearrange the column headings displayed in List view.
The Navigation sidebar on the left has been redesigned to include more useful features.
- Activity and Storage views can now be accessed from here. The Navigation sidebar also contains two other sections: one for the ten most Recent Projects viewed, and one for Bookmarks.
- Bookmarks, a brand new feature in DF Studio, are listed in the Navigation sidebar and allow users to save a link to any item in the application for quick access.
- Users can click the Bookmark icon (located either in the path bar at the top of the window or in the right sidebar Inspector, shown above) for images, Projects, Collections, folders, Messengers and Portfolios to save them into the Bookmarks menu.
- Storage can now be accessed from the Navigation sidebar. In Storage view, there are now tabbed sections displaying the project list and storage overview, which was previously accessible only from personal settings.
- Activity, now also available from the Navigation sidebar, has new filters that allow filtering by the names or email addresses that appear in the “By” column. This will facilitate locating specific jobs, especially if an upload is expected from a specific user but the unfiltered activity list is too long to scan.
- The Activity page filters will start from displaying all activities performed in the last seven days. Users may change the filters to suit their needs and will see the same settings every time they return to the Activity page, until they change the settings again.
Auto-Scroll in Thumbnail View:
- When a thumbnail image is double clicked to reveal 1-Up View, often the next step is to page through several single images before returning to thumbnails view. A new frame with fading animation provides clear visual reference to the last photo viewed in the 1-Up View when switching back to Thumbnail view.
File Auto-Warming with Messengers:
- This feature allows users to send messengers from projects whose files are in Cold Storage. Delivery of the Messenger will be delayed until all files are in Active Storage, which will increase users’ productivity by eliminating the need to manually initiate and wait for file warming before sending Messengers.
- Fixed an inconsistency where in certain views the spacebar would reveal a larger preview of an image but would not hide it when pressed again. The space bar now consistently toggles the preview image in all views.
- Fixed a bug that misaligned the contents of the batch metadata editor pane in Firefox.
- Fixed a bug that prevented mp4 files from generating a preview image.
- Fixed a bug that displayed the wrong results and file counts when refining a quick search with faceting filters.
- Fixed a bug where a few files would intermittently fail to warm up when an entire project was requested back to Active storage from Cold Storage .
- Fixed a bug in the Messenger Wizard that prevented the user from setting a custom expiration date on a Messenger.
- Fixed a bug that prevented preview generation when the resolution value in the image contains a decimal.
- Fixed a bug in Thumbnail view that made the current view jump to the top of the page when select level controls were utilized.