The latest software update from DF Studio is now being deployed to all accounts. This version adds a new column view when browsing Library folders, and includes support for preview generation from more cameras, along with visual updates, performance enhancements, and resolutions to minor issues. As always, please reach out to DF Studio’s support team with any feedback or questions about this update.
- The Preview screen of the Messenger configuration overlay has been updated, to offer layouts and interactions that more closely match what Messenger recipients will see.
Uploads & Assignments
- The image processor has been updated to support preview generation from raw files captured by a variety of newer cameras.
Downloads & Transfers
- Pathways used to deliver file downloads have been optimized for faster and more reliable downloads using the DFS Downloader app.
Asset Workflows & Organization
- A new Column View has been introduced to the options when viewing and working with the contents of Library folders.
- The Activity page has been updated to increase performance and reliability and to better reflect the progress of background tasks in real-time.
- The Project and Collection views (Thumbnails, Files, etc.) have been re-engineered for faster performance and easier interoperability with future enhancements.
- The Viewing Preferences panel in these views has been updated similarly.
- The Viewing Preferences panel in Library list views has been enhanced to make the selection and arrangement of columns more intuitive and flexible.
- The search results view has been similarly modernized for interoperability with future enhancements.
- Addressed a longstanding issue which caused Messenger links to expire four hours earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some buttons in Mobile Messengers from performing their intended functions.
- Corrected a configuration which caused confusion when clicking buttons in a Messenger preview. Clicking these buttons now displays an appropriate notification regarding their functionality in preview mode.
- Resolved an issue which caused the View Menu to function improperly when viewing a Messenger’s assets as sent.
- Addressed a problem which caused incomplete entries on the Activity page when Messengers were expired before links had been sent to recipients.
- Addressed an issue which could create confusion as to whether view-only metadata fields were editable in Mobile Messengers.
- Added visual adjustments to clarify when metadata fields are disabled for input.
- Clarified the controls in the Metadata Inspector with a slight visual update.
Uploads & Assignments
- Fixed an issue which interrupted the ingestion of some NEF files, resulting in incomplete preview images in DF Studio or difficulty downloading files.
Asset Workflows & Organization
- Corrected a problem which had suppressed the intended behavior when switching to Thumbnails view from 1-Up: the last-viewed asset from 1-Up view is now highlighted in the Thumbnails grid immediately after switching.
- Resolved a bug which could interrupt the double-click to open an asset in 1-Up view from Thumbnails view in specific configurations.
- Addressed some issues that could cause unnecessary additional data loading when selecting an asset.
- Corrected a bug which could cause unexpected behavior when interacting with separate DF Studio Projects in separate tabs or windows of the same web browser.
- Fixed a problem which prevented the timestamps in the Asset History from updating automatically.
- Resolved an issue which caused the “Captured” date in the Asset Inspector to display incorrectly in some situations.
- Clarified the meaning of controls in the search overlay.
Security & Protection
- Fixed a problem which would prevent VSP from being displayed on video previews played in full-screen mode.
- Resolved an issue which could cause the VSP overlay on video playback to interact unexpectedly with other elements on the page.
- Addressed an issue which caused the “refresh” button within Projects and Collections to fail in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the 1-Up preview from advancing to the next asset when setting a select level.
- Resolved a problem which prevented the “Skip” and “Save and Next” buttons in the metadata from advancing to the next asset.
- Corrected a bug which caused the Setup filter to be inoperable in Files View.
- Addressed an issue which caused the Setups menu to display Setup names in the wrong order.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Setups menu from updating to include a newly created Setup.
- Resolved an issue which made certain files unavailable for download when they experienced issues during ingestion.
- Corrected a misconfiguration which had disabled sorting the contents of a Library folder by kind in List View.
- Addressed an issue which prevented a new page of assets to load when advancing from the last asset on the page.
- Fixed a bug which resorted a Project’s assets by filename each time the Project was loaded.
- Improved performance when advancing through a set of assets in 1-Up view with the Metadata Inspector open.
- Fixed an issue which caused a blank page in some cases when changing from one Setup to another.
- Corrected a bug which could cause an asset Share Link to load the asset’s Project or Collection instead.
- Resolved an issue which caused unusual display artifacts when viewing watermarked video files in a Messenger.
- Addressed an issue which caused the “refresh” icon alongside the Selects menu to fail under certain conditions.
- Corrected a bug which caused the manual sorting options in Collections to fail.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Bin to appear empty when accessing Files View.
- Addressed a problem which caused buttons unrelated to Bin workflows to appear when viewing the Bin.
- Resolved a bug which caused asset views to return to the first page when switching between viewing options.
- Fixed an issue which interrupted the ability to reset approvals from Approval Messengers sent using previous versions of the DF Studio software.
- Adjusted a display setting which was causing the approval state color of Approvals View to disappear briefly when indicating the last-visited asset in Thumbnails View.
- Corrected an issue which caused the layout of the workspace area to shift for a brief instant when loading a new Thumbnail View.
- Resolved a problem which caused unexpected navigation effects when viewing sub-folders of folders with a slash (/) in their name.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the wrong asset to be loaded when following a Share Link.
- Addressed a bug which prevented navigating to folders from the search results listing.
- Corrected an issue which caused the Approvals filter to stop working as expected.
- Restored the “Select All” option to Files View.
- Restored the keyboard shortcut to open the Find Assets overlay within a Project or Collection.
- Addressed a problem which removed the ability to click an asset’s Setup name in the Asset Inspector in order to filter the view to that Setup.
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Permissions” button to disappear from the Folder Inspector when viewing the Library folder.
- Fixed a bug which failed to generate VSP overlays in situations where a user’s permissions were configured to require them.
- Resolved an issue which could cause file downloads using DFS Downloader to stop abruptly before all files had been downloaded.
- Fixed a problem which caused a blank page in some cases when changing from one Setup to another.
- Corrected a bug which caused inconsistent results from the “Kind” sort when viewing a folder’s contents in list view vs. icon view.
- Addressed an issue which prevented the blue border from appearing on selected items in search results.
- Corrected a problem which interfered with the proper results when sorting items by name in a folder view.
- Resolved a bug that resulted in blank search results when performing an Advanced Search for Projects, Collections, or Library folders.
- Fixed a problem which caused the search facets to be hidden when viewing search results for Projects, Collections, and Library folders.
- Resolved a bug which displayed a blank Project Inspector when selecting certain Projects from a search results list.
- Addressed an issue which caused the buttons for Active Storage and Cold Storage to disappear from the Project Inspector when multiple Projects were selected.
- Corrected an issue which caused the Share Link for an account’s Library folder to be copied when clicking the icon to copy any folder’s Share Link to the clipboard.
- Fixed a problem which caused the “Previous” and “Next” buttons to be omitted from the metadata editing overlay.
- Resolved an issue which would automatically navigate to the last page of a Project or Collection when using “Select All”.
- Corrected a bug which caused asset views to be scrolled to the bottom of the page when navigating between pages using the keyboard arrow keys.
- Addressed an issue which caused errors when viewing Multi-Messengers on mobile devices.
- Fixed a problem which caused assets to be deselected when navigating to a Setup that didn’t contain those assets.
- Resolved a bug which caused improper search results for queries including an underscore character (_).