A new version of the DFS Downloader app is now available, modernizing the underlying technology and improving performance. As always, please reach out to DF Studio’s support team with any feedback or questions.
- The app will now present automated messages to the user when a newer version is available for download.
- The file picker for selecting a download destination has been modernized and standardized.
- A download URL is no longer requested when launching the app, resulting in a clearer first-launch experience. (Users interested in downloading from a specific URL can still use the “Open URL” option from the File menu.)
- Details of an in-progress download are displayed automatically, without requiring a click to reveal them.
- Progress bars and filenames are displayed more consistently in the download details.
- The app’s compatibility with newer versions of Java has been improved, for security and reliability.
- Resolved a bug which caused the text cursor to move to the end of a text field while typing.
- Addressed an issue which prevented downloading files to a Windows system if the destination directory ended with a space (“ ”).
- Improved the clarity of error messages when unable to download files to the specified destination folder.
- Corrected a problem which could cause the application window to become over- or undersized.
- Addressed an issue where the “OK” button could be clicked without entering a download URL, resulting in unexpected behavior.