DF Studio adds major features and workflow enhancements with regular updates throughout the year. In between these feature updates, the development team issues smaller point releases that contain enhancements, bug fixes, and performance tweaks. We are pleased to announce that the following changes are being deployed to all accounts this September. Up-to-date information on the latest releases can always be found in the Release Notes listing.
- A count of included assets has been added to the “Calculate Storage” overlay available from the Inspector for each Library folder.
File Management & Organization
- Global file search now allows searching for multiple individual filenames using the expanded “name” field on the Advanced Search screen.
- Removed the limit constraining the maximum number of results when searching a Project using the Find Assets tool.
Security & Protection
- Removed links from the Browser Verification email notification, which had the potential to invalidate verification codes when “preloaded” by some email clients or security software.
- Improved the reliability of 1-Up view when navigating larger Messengers.
- Resolved an issue which caused unexpected visual glitches when using the zoom tool on some Messengers.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Conversations and Visual Annotations from being added in some Mobile Messengers.
- Resolved an issue which caused the fields in a Metadata Messenger to become inoperable in certain configurations involving interdependent metadata fields.
- Addressed a bug that was affecting the reliability of multi-text metadata fields for editing and saving new values.
Uploads & Assignments
- Corrected an issue which caused some images to be overwritten with a neighboring file’s visual data during upload.
- Addressed a problem which was affecting the reliability of Setup generation when specifying automatic Setups by filename during upload.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the software version displayed on the Settings page to be out of sync with the version currently installed.
File Management & Organization
- Resolved a problem that was affecting the reliability of scroll-wheel zooming using the 1-Up view in some web browsers.
- Improvements to the visual fidelity of previews at the thumbnail size and when employing VSP.
- Additional improvements to the performance of the zoom tool in 1-Up view.
- Addressed a permissions bug which was preventing the “Send” button from appearing in some Collection views.
- Fixed an issue that was affecting the reliability of filename-based Setup generation when using the “Move to Setup” tool within a Project.
- Resolved an issue which caused thumbnails to disappear from the proofsheet of a Collection when changing the sort option.
- Eliminated a bug that was causing unwanted interface glitches when using double-quotes (“) in the name of a Library folder.
- Fixed an issue which affected the functionality of checkboxes or radio buttons in the Find Assets overlay.
- Resolved a bug which was causing unexpected errors when working in the proofsheet in certain situations where assets in view had been deleted by another user.
- Addressed a configuration error which caused some users to be unable to send Messengers from the Bin in thumbnail view.
- Restored functionality to the keyboard shortcuts on Windows systems which require use of the Ctrl key.